- What is Secure Mustang Wireless?
- Where does Secure Mustang Wireless work?
- Can I use my personal laptop for Secure Mustang Wireless?
- What equipment is required for using my personal laptop?
- How do I get connected with my personal laptop?
- How do I check out a laptop for use?
- Where do I go if I have a question?
- Is wireless secure? Can someone see my email/data?
- What wireless network do I connect to?
- Is there a login for Guests visiting Cal Poly?
- Outside wireless: Where can I find it?
- Is there wireless available in the Residence Halls?
- My computer sees a connection called "SecureSetupInstructions" What is it?
- I have configured my Mac OS X computer for Secure Mustang Wireless and still cannot get connected. What do I do?
If you have any troubleshooting questions please click here.
Secure Mustang Wireless is a service that provides WiFi wireless to students, faculty and staff. This is done by using Radio Frequency (RF) technology to transmit data through the air without wired cabling.
Wireless is available in all buildings across the campus. Additionally, residences and study rooms in Poly Canyon Village and Cerro Vista have wireless beginning Fall quarter, 2013; all other residences are scheduled for wireless installation in 2014.
Yes. Students, staff, and faculty have access to the wireless network using their personal devices. It will be up to the user to correctly configure their device for use with wireless; staff and faculty should contact their department's LAN coordinator for assistance.
Laptops must have a wireless network card which uses IEEE 802.11 standard technology. To ensure compatibility with the Cal Poly wireless system, look for the Wi-Fi* symbol (Wireless Fidelity) on newly purchased equipment. We support 802.11 A, B, G and N.
For more Information visit Get Connected.
Secure Mustang Wireless requires some configuration. For more information go to Get Connected.
General questions about wireless may be answered at the ITS Service Desk at 756-7000.
If a user is having problems with software or Cal Poly accounts, they should call the ITS Service Desk at 756-7000.
If you live in the residence halls, please contact Resnet at 756-5600.
Secure Mustang Wireless features WPA2, which keeps your wireless connection secure; no one will be able to see where you're going or the data you are transmitting or receiving.
The wireless network name or "SSID" is SecureMustangWireless.
Yes. Please visit the Get Connected page.
11.) Outside wireless: Where can I find it?
To find outdoor wireless hot spots, check the outdoor coverage map here.
Residences and study rooms in Poly Canyon Village and Cerro Vista have wireless beginning Fall quarter, 2013. All other residences are scheduled for wireless installation in 2014.
In North and South Mountain halls, Sierra Madre and Yosemite, wireless is currently available in study rooms and outside/common areas. The wireless network name for these areas is "Resnet Wireless" but you will use the same credentials that you use for Secure Mustang Wireless.
In the Poly Canyon Village plaza, you will find Secure Mustang Wireless.
SecureSetupInstructions is a wireless connection meant for viewing the configuration page about how to set up a device for Secure Mustang Wireless.
14.) I have configured my Mac OS X computer for Secure Mustang Wireless and still cannot get connected. What do I do?
We have additional troubleshooting steps you can take. Please see the Troubleshooting link on this site. If you still require assistance, please visit the ITS Service desk.