- What is Secure Mustang Wireless?
- Where does Secure Mustang Wireless work?
- Can I use my personal laptop for Secure Mustang Wireless?
- What equipment is required for using my personal laptop?
- How do I get connected with my personal laptop?
- How do I check out a laptop for use?
- Where do I go if I have a question?
- Is wireless secure? Can someone see my email/data?
- What wireless network do I connect to?
- Is there a login for Guests visiting Cal Poly?
- Outside wireless: Where can I find it?
- Is there wireless available in the Residence Halls?
- My computer sees a connection called "SecureSetupInstructions" What is it?
- I have configured my Mac OS X computer for Secure Mustang Wireless and still cannot get connected. What do I do?
If you have any troubleshooting questions please click here.
Secure Mustang Wireless is a service that provides students, faculty and staff WiFi wireless access to the campus network. This is done by using Radio Frequency (RF) technology to transmit data through the air without wired cabling. Mustang Wireless provides all the same features and benefits of the existing campus network, but without the limitations of being tethered to a cable.
Wireless is available in all buildings across the campus.
Yes. Students, staff, and faculty have access to the wireless network with personal devices. It will be up to the user to correctly configure their computer for use with wireless; staff and faculty should contact their department's LAN coordinator for assistance.
Laptops must have a wireless network card which uses IEEE 802.11 standard technology. To ensure compatibility with the Cal Poly wireless system, look for the Wi-Fi* symbol (Wireless Fidelity) on newly purchased equipment. We support 802.11 A, B, G and N.
For more Information visit Get Connected.
Secure Mustang Wireless some configuration. For more information go to Get Connected.
General questions about wireless may be answered at the ITS Service Desk at 756-7000.
If a user is having problems with software or Cal Poly accounts, they should call the ITS Service Desk at 756-7000.
Secure Mustang Wireless features WPA2, which keeps your wireless connection secure; no one will be able to see where you're going or the data you are transmitting or receiving.
The wireless network name or "SSID" is SecureMustangWireless.
Yes. Please visit the Get Connected page.
11.) Outside wireless: Where can I find it?
To find outdoor wireless hot spots, check the outdoor coverage map here.
Yes, but only in certain areas. For the residence halls at Cerro Vista and on the campus proper, wireless is primarily available in study rooms and outside/common areas. The SSID for these areas is "Resnet Wireless" but you will use the same credentials that you use for Secure Mustang Wireless.
In the Poly Canyon Village plaza, you will find Secure Mustang Wireless. In all other outside areas at Poly Canyon, you will find Resnet Wireless.
SecureSetupInstructions is a wireless connection meant for viewing the configuration page about how to set up a device for Secure Mustang Wireless.
14.) I have configured my Mac OS X computer for Secure Mustang Wireless and still cannot get connected. What do I do?
We have additional troubleshooting steps you can take. Please see the Troubleshooting link on this site. If you still require assistance, please visit the ITS Service desk.